50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-20-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-20-2016 07:11 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Don't forget that the name is stored as uppercase (as it should be) but there's a flag telling the OS if the actual name is uppercase, lowercase, or first-letter-uppercase-only.

I haven't, but it appears that condition doesn't apply when a high-ascii character is encountered in the object name. Either that, or Win7 Explorer and dir/x aren't respecting it for the directory entries at the bottom of the list. For what it's worth, the following SysRPL code generated those directory entries:

Code:
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "lcase" BINT1 SDLIB DROP     
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "lcase;;;;;;;" BINT1 SDLIB DROP     
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "Mixcase" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "CamelC" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "UPCASE" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "SPECI\C4L" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "spezi\E4l" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "spec\FFal" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
    BINT0 BINT1 %0 "speci\9El" BINT1 SDLIB DROP
("SDLIB" is essentially a call to XLIB 3A7 15, but done without using a library).

I'm not being critical of that design choice -- there aren't any "easy" answers for the best approach here. But it seems clear that there is a good likelihood that object names will get mangled enough to require extra (manual) effort on the user's part to make sure they organize their files properly, which negates some of the marginal value an app like this would provide.

Perhaps if I thought that I would be likely to use it, I'd see more value in it. Smile It turns out that I almost never create programs on the calculator itself, so it's actually pretty rare for me to have a need to extract objects from the calculator... I almost always go in the opposite direction (computer -> calculator). When doing so, individual objects are usually sent via wire. Wholesale restore operations (main and port memory) are handled via custom apps loaded from the SD card. This makes it fairly easy for me to replicate the exact same configurations for my real calcs and the Emu48 counterparts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - DavidM - 10-20-2016 08:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)