50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-16-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-16-2016 10:37 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(10-16-2016 02:09 AM)DavidM Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, I decided to try the "bad character test" using a different SD card.

I can't recall if it was fixed in latest ROMs, but I remember the worst offending case of illegal characters was lowercase letters.

:3:"lcase" STO

used to produce a SFN only (because the name fits in 8.3) but without changing the name to uppercase. Lowercase letters are illegal characters in SFN, those files couldn't be touched with a PC but could be deleted normally with the calc.

Just checked (on a freshly formatted SD card Smile ). With ROM 2.15, created a file as described above, then transferred the card to my Win7 system. DIR/X shows a SFN of "LCASE", and I have no problem accessing the file. So it appears that has been fixed in the current ROM version.

But what you're describing seems to be a really good fit for the results I was seeing when I was experiencing problems with my "corrupted" file system on the card previously (with a couple wrinkles). It's almost as though the 50g had mucked something up on the card that was causing it to go back to its bad behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - DavidM - 10-16-2016 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)