50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-15-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-15-2016 09:57 AM)3298 Wrote:  This may be look like a weird idea, but I'd approach this problem by simply not using the object's name directly as an SD file name...

Not weird at all. I had thought about doing something like that when I first started thinking about the case-sensitivity issue, and realized that there would be some other benefits to separating the object from meta data pertaining to it (name, crc, timestamp, platform, src path, calc serial num, etc.). I eventually decided that it would have great utility for a backup situation, but probably wouldn't help as much for the OP's need. At least not without a complete VCS-like app on the receiving platform that knew how to sort out all the details.

It's still a good solution, though, perhaps for a different problem. And your suggestion of using a hash for the ID names is much better than my original thought of using sequential IDs of some kind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - DavidM - 10-15-2016 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)