Reparing a power supply 82002A
09-16-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A
I wish my brain worked & could get it all together in one post. I need to get to the local farmer's market before they close.

If HP collecting appeals to you, I'd recommend retaining the charger whether you can repair/get it repaired or not. Mainly as I'm 99.9% sure you have a version of the very 1st classic charger sold. Personally I would not sell/exchange it unless you get another working 1st in the classic series power adapter.

Don't know if there are date-codes inside a charger but if collecting appeals to you it may be worth examining if you have one of the 1st of the 1st off the assembly line.

After being a buyer on TAS for about 7 years my recollection is seeing only about 8-12 of the charger types you have. Compare that to the screw together cases of the later 82002A charger models. At least a 100-fold more of the later models have been sold on TAS over the years. Of course, I don't check TAS every day but the comparison is valid.

If you want a working charger the screw together cases are fairly cheap. Personally I'd keep the model you have as its rather a rarity.

I'm going out the door now! Hopefully no more posts from me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Reparing a power supply 82002A - Le Babou - 09-15-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A - TomC - 09-16-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Reparing a power supply 82002A - Duane Hess - 09-16-2016 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)