Linear Interpolation: Given a pair of (x1,y1), (x2,y2) and x3 predict (x3,y3)
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: Linear Interpolation: Given a pair of (x1,y1), (x2,y2) and x3 predict (x3,y3)
(02-15-2014 08:22 AM)DeucesAx Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 01:21 AM)patrice Wrote:  Just wandering.
Did try to find the answer by yourself before asking?
Since this kind of problem is usually a primary school, it is surprising to see you asking the question.

Just wondering.
Did you read my OP? Anybody with a primary school level of English should understand that I knew how to calculate it, and did it before.
My main concern is and was saving key strokes, as time is critical during exams. I was hoping this could be done without programming my own function which I had not done yet on a calculator.

I was in your shoes last millennium with an hp15c in thermodynamics course. I guess part of the fun of the hp15c was writing a small program for interpolation, even with only 4 stack levels and 5 inputs. I'm enjoying the HP Prime for the same reason today.

Note that besides defining a function, you may want to check out the spreadsheet app which is pretty powerful and flexible.

Best,
Carl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Linear Interpolation: Given a pair of (x1,y1), (x2,y2) and x3 predict (x3,y3) - CR Haeger - 02-15-2014 10:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)