HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL?
08-14-2016, 06:38 PM
HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL?
Hi all,

Starting with a fresh 41CL calculator, I loaded the Extra Functions Plus (YNFP) image into page 8 and enabled the MMU. I then followed the instructions in the 41CL Calculator manual to initialize four HEPAX pages and plug them into ports 3 & 4, then plug the HEPX image into page 6 using the PLUGP command. All goes well with the HEPAX manual example of creating a user program, copying it to HEPAX memory, deleting the user memory copy and running the program from HEPAX memory.

So then I thought I'd add the PowerCL utilities to the above mix. I used the instructions for adding Library4 (4LIB) in the 41CL manual by poking the flash image address into the page 4 MMU register. After confirming the presence of the library with the HEPAX 002 command, I tried loading the PowerCL image (PWRL). I used the XCAT command to verify that PowerCL loaded correctly.

But now when I run a program from HEPAX memory, the display scrolls the message below

#4 ON-LINE

The program in HEXPAX memory does not run. I've tried the PowerCL module on page 7 and page 9 with the same result. So, is it the case that HEPAX and PowerCL are not compatible with one another, or is there a problem with my configuration? Alternate Library 4 perhaps? Put HEPAX elsewhere? I haven't found an answer in the documentation! Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
~ Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL? - mfleming - 08-14-2016 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)