1,024 additional Registers on the CL
08-09-2016, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 05:03 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: 1,024 additional Registers on the CL
After some reasonable testing (which uncovered a few more glitches!) I think it's ready for BETA TESTING. It's amazing how much we take for granted things like register storage and recall... you really learn to appreciate it when you need to write it for an extended register range!

Beta testers are welcome - only condition is you must have a CL machine. On other systems (and on V41) you can play with the U/I but the execution won't proceed: a "NO CL" error message is all you'll get.

Everything should work in RUN mode: the limit is 1,023. Registers beyond 999 require you press the EEX key. Indirect addresses are from 0 to 1023 as well (i.e. every register can be used as indirect).

In a running program it's all automated, no special remarks.

The only CAVEAT is during program entry: the automated feature that writes the index# as a second program line won't work for registers over 99. This includes all the INDIRECT addresses, because the way IND works is by adding 1,024 to the register number. For instance, XRCL IND 5 = XRCL 1,029.

In this case you'll need to edit the second line by hand after the function has written the "place holder". When the program runs it'll subtract 1,024 from the index number, read its contents, and use that as the indirect index...

Easier to use it than to explain it!

Send me a PM with your email address to receive the ROM image.
Pls. report incidences if and when you run into glitches.

PS. Gene, I know you're interested so your copy is going already.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1,024 additional Registers on the CL - Ángel Martin - 08-09-2016 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)