How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
08-04-2016, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 02:28 PM by Gene.)
How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
Ok, so I hope this thread can turn into a tutorial or at least a crushing of my dream rom ideas. We have lots of great roms available for the HP 41CL and emulators.

Sadly in some cases, I believe there are some OS extension functions that are scattered through various roms that I'd like to have put into one rom. Selfish, yes. :-)

My list of functions taken from various roms is presented in the PDF below.

Gene's Dream Extension Rom

Most of these already exist. They include functions like X>1? DDATE, X/E3, X<Z? and lots of others I would really like to have always available in one place. Makes it much easier to write programs containing these types of things if they are always available like the PowerCL and OSX3 roms are to me.

A couple of exceptions are the INC and DEC functions which used to be in an earlier version of the Sandmath roms, but were dropped for space reasons.

The rest come from the GJM, PK, TVM, Extended Statistics, or Card reader roms.

I know this is MY wish list. Question is:

1) How would I go about trying to make this rom? How would I copy the mcode routines from various roms and assemble them into one rom image?

2) What is needed to do this?

3) What are the steps? Anyone have a dummies guide?

4) Or, after helping answer these questions, if it is too complicated for people like me to do :-) does anyone feel like helping a guy out?

If anyone does, I will sing any song you like in my presentation at HHC 2016 for my youtube glory. Ha ha.

Basic Point: What is the procedure / steps for someone to make a custom rom on their own for the HP 41?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us - Gene - 08-04-2016 02:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)