41 Programs for 7470 Plotter - Why so few?
08-06-2016, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 07:16 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: 41 Programs for 7470 Plotter - Why so few?
(08-05-2016 09:55 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Hello Angel,
Back to grafiks module plotter tests ...
I have converted the GRAFIKS.MOD into ROM files with MDLD2000 v1.70.
Then I have programmed a ClonixD module with the following configuration
Page 8 : -GRAFIK 1/2
Page 9 : -GRAFIK #2
Page A : -GRAFIK 3/4
Page B : -GRAFIK #4
I have tried into several HP-41 (CL & CX) and they either lock the machine or make it do weird things.
Is my configuration correct ?
Do the module need a page 4 library ?
Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain, your configuration is correct and no, there's no need for Library#4 or any other dependency so it should work just fine... (famous last words).

Does the lockup happen when you turn the machine on, or is it related to the execution of the programs? If it's on CALC_ON it should be easier to troubleshoot: none of those ROM images have any CALC_ON event, thus it should come from another reason... you can check with an HEX editor that there's nothing in the polling points, from pFF4 to pFFA.

Try plugging in only one of those, either 1/2 or 3/4, with the corresponding second page. They are completely independent. Is the problem still there?

I assume the lockup doesn't occur without the clonix plugged in, so the rest of the system works fine...

Let us know what you find out...

PS. I've sent you the four ROM images via email - maybe this helps. Note there are a couple of new functions in the first FAT, under -PPC PLOT header.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Programs for 7470 Plotter - Why so few? - Ángel Martin - 08-06-2016 05:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)