HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
07-08-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis
So did anyone find out how/where to get an actual genuine replacement HP battery (not SGS3 one)? If HP don't sell (which is a disgrace in itself btw) them where do they get them from. Somone must sell them surely.

This is one of the things that puts me off Li-ion powered devices. Great when it's new but 1 year in when the battery has started to get tired what do they expect us to do, just throw the device away? And how much longer will the GSG3 be around if it comes to that, it's been around for a while already... what when that is discontinued. Plus we shouldn't have to rely on another manufacturer to provide the necessary equipment to use use my HP Prime for it's lifetime anyway.

With AA or AAA batteries you just go to the corner store and you can run your calc until the device itself dies....years and years and years. I think powering the Prime with Li-ion is a backward step. I'd rather charge it slightly more often with AAAs and just replace them cheaply and easlily whenever I need to , rather than a battery which lasts slightly longer between charges but then what...you buy a new calculator just to get a new battery ?? Madness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - eelcor - 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: HP Prime Battery consumption analysis - springer5 - 07-08-2015 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)