Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
04-09-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
Finally found some time to look for pictures I have done when creating my last gear wheel. I am quite impressed about your thinking process. Unfortunately I cannot drink coffee any more and switched to tea one and half year ago. Maybe the reason, why I choose a pragmatic try and see tactics.

Additionally I remember a HP-46 service manual (either coming from google to me or through Forum's document usb memory) which explains setting timings of printer unit electronically. Really difficult to understand and nearly impossible measuring signal forms with an oscilloscope within HP-46. It seems you need a special printer unit lab device. So I surrendered without a pratical test.

Attached is a picture showing positions between drum nubs and sensors that works for my unit. It needs one explanation: Left marker (green) should be aligned with it's magnetic head. With second (red marked) gear and it's two marks picture shows a position that does not work (I forgot to take one with right position). First marker of brass gear should be in perfect alignment with second magnetic sensor, with second marker targeting away from first magnetic head. In other words brass gear has to be rotated by around 45° counterclockwise compared to picture:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit - Sadsilence - 04-09-2017 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)