Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
04-04-2017, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 01:02 PM by Sadsilence.)
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
You are right. That is what I meant with timing. Thanks for clarification. My English is not good enough for such detailed instructions like your ones.

I am going to add some pictures when I am at right computer. As I learnt from conversation with forum member pcip there is no general rule, how positions of wheel nubs and magnetic sensors within printer unit have to be. Any printer unit seems to be calibrated individually. So before disassemble printer take a few pictures and reinstall system afterwards in exactly the same way.

Fortunately you cannot destroy unit when you accidentally or with fading memory assemble gear wheel system misaligned. Linefeed is working fine, but you do not get letters on paper at all. Nevertheless it is timeconsuming to disassemble unit again and rearrange positions of different wheels.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit - Sadsilence - 04-04-2017 09:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)