Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
04-03-2017, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 04:38 PM by Sadsilence.)
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
Hello Duane,

to my shame I have to admit, I never checked height of 68 tooth gear from Steingraeber. Indeed I had the feeling, that replacement part is not exactly as high as original one, but design forgives missing 0.25 or 0.5mm. Even orginal part has some space. After building and testing 4 units sucessfully I have never come across your feared forth and back flopping so far. As I have to disassemble my remaining HP46 unit for testing every new build gear wheel anyway, I regularly checked my first "build" and have not seen any signs of onesided deterioation so far. Unit is in now and then use for 8 months now.

Most difficult part is to recalibrate whole gear wheel system for correct timing of electronical printer signals.

To be absolutely on the safe side mechanically you can lenghten selfmade brass bushing to met height of original wheel. So you get your mentioned spacer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit - Sadsilence - 04-03-2017 04:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)