Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
06-19-2016, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 07:41 PM by Sadsilence.)
Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit
Hello all,

some time ago I was lucky to get a HP-46 desktop calculator. It is in good shape, but when turning it on there was a grinding noise from printer unit and when going through test procedure printer sometimes gave out perfect lines and sometimes total rubbish and in rare cases nothing at all.

After I excluded any electrical reason I dared to disassemble printer unit. Reasonable cause for described behavior was (unfortunately) found easily: a deterioated (idler) gear wheel as shown in picture below.

Now my question: Is there any hope to get a modern replacement for that wheel? As layman in that subjects it looks pretty special to me. Any known sources? Has anyone a forgotten printer unit of HP-46/HP-81 in a desktop drawer. Does it make sense to rebuild it with a 3D printer? Has anyone already created a model or would be willed to do it?

Any idea or hint is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Werner

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Looking for (idler?) gear wheel of HP-46 printer unit - Sadsilence - 06-19-2016 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)