Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
09-20-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
(09-20-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  .... in transparent mode clicking on "OFF" exits the emulator – and all data is lost as, unlike the real thing, the emulator does not save anything on exit. What about a state file that preservers everything a real 19C would also keep when turned off?

Yes, I will implement that.

(09-20-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  You can see that the program listing on the real device is right justified while the emulator starts all lines directly at the left border. For this example Courier New 12pt was used. The line spacing is fine, but the printout would improve if everything was moved by, say, three characters to the right.
BTW, what's the max. number of characters the 19C prints on one line? 17? Up to 20?

The printer buffer in the PIK chip is 21 characters and the firmware prints always 21 characters including leading spaces per line. Obviously I clipped the leading spaces, but now I see they have to be printed. This will shift the printer output by 4 characters to the right. I don't have a real HP-19C, so I didn't know how the printout should look like. Thank you very much for this picture.

(09-20-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Finally let me add two suggestions regarding the printer function.

First I think that adding a "clear printout" button would be nice. Something that works like advancing and tearing off the paper on a real 19C so that you get a blank print area on the emulator. Could be done by double-clicking on the paper.

And then there is a nice feature that I really like on Free42: printed output can be written to a text file. Everything that goes to the printer is saved (appended to) a file specified by the user. This way you get all printed results even if the output is longer than the 10 or 12 lines that are visible on the emulator. Would you consider this a useful extension?

Dieter

Both suggestions are useful and will find their way to the next emulator version.

Thanks again for your very welcome beta testing.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators - PANAMATIK - 09-20-2016 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)