Upgrade Didn't Work
05-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Upgrade Didn't Work
I successfully upgraded the new CK and VC to the latest release. When I tried the firmware for the Prime, the following happened;
The Prime connected and started the upgrade and went through the three stages of loading the new firmware. When "Done" was displayed on my PC screen the calculator screen went blank. I waited for about 30 seconds and nothing happened. The prime will not turn on. I tried the various reset methods and I can't get any communication or display with the device. I verified the USB port with other non HP devices and USB comm is good. I replaced the battery with a new one that measured 3.87 Vdc. I still am unable to get any comm. The only thing different with this upgrade and the last two from 2015, & 2015 is two weeks ago I upgraded to Widows 10. The bottom line as I see it is that all elements of the complete system were working before the upgrade (PC, CK & Prime), and when the upgrade finished I lost the PC-Prime comm link. I went to the HP support site but could not even find a phone number to call support. Please if anyone knows of any way to re-establish comm with my PC I would greatly appreciate it and a Ph. number for HP support for US Florida.

Thanks,
minus1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Didn't Work - minus1 - 05-25-2016 10:18 PM
RE: Upgrade Didn't Work - minus1 - 05-26-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Upgrade Didn't Work - informach - 05-27-2016, 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)