WP 34S printing scrambled text on HP82240B
05-18-2016, 03:59 PM
WP 34S printing scrambled text on HP82240B
Hello All.

This is my fist post on the Forum, and for starters I'd like to thank all those who contributed to my success in turning a shoddy 20b into my new amazing 34S. I have a 30b shipping over, which means I'll be perfecting my soldering and overlay glueing skills a little further...

I also purchased a HP 82240B printer (I have absolutely no need for one, but I'm sure most of you know how one can get carried away with these gadgets), and have, of course, installed the complete calc_ir_full.bin file and the IR diode, which, according to the calculator's self-test seems to be installed correctly. The issue I have, however, is that when I send a Print Stack command to my printer (the only one I know how to currently send), only a few lines of scrambled text come out (see attachment).

It does this once, and then nothing further can be printed, only after turning the printer off and on again.

The printer's self-test comes out OK (holding feed while turning it on), but seeing as I have absolutely no experience with such devices, that may not mean much. Also, I have no other IR-capable calculator to test it with, nor another printer to test the calculator with.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

MENE SAKKHET UR-SEVEH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WP 34S printing scrambled text on HP82240B - Kaiserpat - 05-18-2016 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)