41C: a test I don't recommend trying
04-21-2016, 10:42 PM
41C: a test I don't recommend trying
I'm almost embarrassed to share this one, but here it is. I was headed out to the field the other day, and realized I hadn't grabbed a calculator. I sent my young intern in to grab one off my desk. He asked which one, I said "I don't care, any one will do". He came back with my 41C (without the case), not the one I would have grabbed, but I did say that I didn't care, so I went with it. On returning from the job, I had far too much stuff in my hands, job file, plans, coffee cup, data collector, & my trusty 41C. Which one do you think slipped out of my hands & hit the concrete floor HARD? It hit hard enough that all 4 modules popped out, the battery cover/carrier came out, and the plastic piece that separates the 2 halves broke and a portion slid out. I almost cried. BUT, there is good news. I put it all back together, said a little prayer, and hit the on button. It took 2 tries of jiggling the battery cover around, but she lit up & other than a "memory lost" message, and the loss of all my user key assignments, she seems to work like a champ! I highly recommend NOT trying this little test of HP's durability claims, instead just take my word that they can really take a beating.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41C: a test I don't recommend trying - ls41028 - 04-21-2016 10:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)