[WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
03-11-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc.
(03-09-2014 07:13 PM)Bit Wrote:  1  - Have it statically enabled (I see absolutely no downside and it saves firmware space).
2a - Configure it through the mode menu and the currently unused bit in _ustate. Since it's a purely UI feature and has no effect on calculations, it could make sense to use an internal flag.
2b - Configure it through the mode menu and the Y flag. The advantage compared to 2a would be that it'd be very quick to turn it on or off.
3  - Configure it through the Y flag only.
If it's configurable, then Y register display should be enabled by default because it'd be much easier for (some) advanced users who know exactly what they want to disable it than it'd be for beginners to discover the feature.

I favour 1. Now that the y-register code is bug-free (probably!) it's an excellent extension to the calculator's functionality. What's not to love about it? I'd still allow it to be turned off in the source code, but I see no reason to add yet another menu entry to the calculator!

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Enhanced Y register display: fractions, bugfixes etc. - Nigel (UK) - 03-11-2014 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)