How do I get my HP50g to print graphics on my HP82240B printer.
04-05-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: How do I get my HP50g to print graphics on my HP82240B printer.
(04-05-2016 04:54 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I don't know if the OP just wants to print the screen but I'd like to be able to print dots on the paper from within a program. Example would be a continuous sine curve with axes (the x-axis would be down the paper, y would be the width of the paper)

Tom L

There's probably lots of ways to approach this, but the first that comes to mind is to do the following (in general terms):

- Reset your plotting environment
- Set your equation and plot it. Zoom as appropriate to optimize the data presented, keeping in mind that the plotted data will be stretched horizontally in the next couple of steps.
- Use PDIM to set the PICT dimensions to Width = (any value from 131 to 2048 [inclusive]), Height = 166 (the max that the printer can produce). Note: use binary integers here.
- Re-enter the graphing environment (to force an update). Be patient if you chose a large width, it may take a while to update.
- RCL the PICT to the stack
- Perform a VFLIP (vertical flip) and DFLIP (diagonal flip) using the utilities provided here
- Print the resulting GROB

Being a glutton for punishment, I just tried this with y=sin(x) using a width of 2048. It worked as expected. Note that when printing anything this large on the 82240B, I always expect a few lines to be shifted here and there. This test was consistent with that expectation. Out of 256 printed rows, 10 were shifted to the right by one pixel. The GROB is fine, it's simply the printing process (at least with a 50g) that introduces this kind of error. As long as you can put up with that kind of inconsistency, you should be OK.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I get my HP50g to print graphics on my HP82240B printer. - DavidM - 04-05-2016 07:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)