Seeking Local Help with WP34s
03-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Seeking Local Help with WP34s
I haven't touched my three units in ages and foolishly tried to update flash them recently. I now have three bricks.

I am keen to connect with someone in my region or even better locally to help me diagnose this in person if possible. If the units flash with someone else's hardware I can pinpoint the problem to my gear, though all seemed well as year or so ago.

I do my flashing old school with the Gene Wright serial cable, the FTDI adapter recommended from Eric Rechlin, and MySamba in a Win XP Fusion virtual machine under Mac Yosemite. Used to work fine, but OS X and Fusion have seen updates since so heaven knows what has changed.

If I can't get these to flash I just might have to send them to someone like Eric to install the USB board. I am.really concerned my cable and adapter are bad and I have fried my units.

It is stupid that I tried to flash the third one after the second failed. But I just had to check.

I am in Toronto. If any WP34S fans are around here who might help if would be delighted. Otherwise, if anyone could point me toward someone who could test the units and solder the USB board for a price I would be elated.

Many thanks.

Les
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seeking Local Help with WP34s - lcwright1964 - 03-27-2016 06:52 AM
RE: Seeking Local Help with WP34s - TASP - 03-27-2016, 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)