How to quickly solve a quadratic equation
02-18-2016, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 09:37 AM by MattH.)
RE: How to quickly solve a quadratic equation
Awesome! Thanks Tim! I've actually got one more issue that you can find just above your last post. I'm curious if you have any idea what's going on with it.

Edit: Well I figured out the problem was that I wasn't using the vector method, which is kind of weird because in Carl's pictures he wasn't using it either. I'm still kind of curious what exactly the calculator is solving when I just put the coefficients directly inside the parenthesis.

I'm stoked to have finally learned how to do this quickly though, thanks for all the help guys. I'm loving this calculator more and more every day. It's like this little pretty little rectangle full of secrets.

While I've got you here Tim, I had a few related questions if you don't mind.

First, what exactly does the "x t theta n" button do? Most of the time it seems to give me an 'x', but a few minutes ago it was giving me an 'a' while in CAS, but now it stopped. Is there a way to get it to input different characters?

Second, what is the purpose of the 'plus or minus' symbol inside the vector brackets?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to quickly solve a quadratic equation - MattH - 02-18-2016 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)