WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
01-29-2014, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 03:31 PM by Sanjeev Visvanatha.)
WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
As mentioned in this other thread, I came up with a concept for reducing the feature set of the Mighty WP-34S. My intention is to learn, and also to configure a real 30B with this alternate layout for my own use.

Layout is as follows.

It contains 3 new catalogs (HYP, CLEAR and PARTS). I tried to make the keyboard basic, but familiar. Catalogs are on the far right, so you always know where to look for extra functions / settings.

So far, I have many of the key assignments made in the Windows Emulator. Following is a current status of key assignments that are working (Green Colour), and not implemented yet (Red Colour). Further, Stubs for new catalogs are in Dark Green Colour.

My next challenge is to redefine the previous shift keys [f] [g] and [h]. I have not spent enough time to learn what changes to make there. Also, the BST and SST keys are not working, and I suspect they too have some special considerations that I need to look at further.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, especially with respect to the challenges I presented above for the remaining keys.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose - Sanjeev Visvanatha - 01-29-2014 03:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)