HP-97 card reader, printer questions
12-25-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: HP-97 card reader, printer questions
(12-25-2015 02:40 AM)quantalume Wrote:  Regarding the card reader, is it possible that the alignment of the card to the head is not as it should be? Admittedly, this is hard to do if it is assembled correctly. Are all of the nylon balls in place? Have you tried writing and then reading back the same card? Check to make sure none of the head wires have come loose.

Yep, all the little plastic balls are in place, as are the two copper tension springs, although I will double check that.

Quote:The printer mechanism in the 97 is very similar to the one found in the 82143A for the 41C, which is readily found at a fair price and can be used as a parts donor if necessary. The drive wheels are specially molded over ridges in the plastic drive assembly, but I've successfully used standard O-rings to repair them after removing the remains of the original wheels. However, you have to completely disassemble the mechanism to repair it, a royal PITA.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. Still, how much harder could it be than disassembling the card reader?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-97 card reader, printer questions - dramsey - 12-25-2015 04:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)