Now available on iTunes: HP Prime Graphing Calculator iOS app
12-18-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: Now available on iTunes: HP Prime Graphing Calculator iOS app
(12-18-2015 03:20 AM)luisphysics Wrote:  I think I found a bug. If you press shift+On to turn off the calculator it freezes on me. I have an iPhone5s with the latest software. By freeze I mean that the little sand dial on the battery comes up and just remains stuck there. I then have to shut the app up entirely.

I also find that my iPhone 5s gets very hot randomly when using the Prime app. Not sure how to reproduce it. But it gets as hot as when I am watching a Netflix movie.

Thanks Again.

I have noticed the same conditions as Luis mentioned on my iPhone 6+. It seems that the processor is working very hard to handle Prime calculations, hence the heat. I also had a 'freeze' but under different circumstances: while doing a matrix inversion (100x100) the iPhone went into auto-lock and would not respond to touch at all. I had to do a warm reset. I'm a registered iOS developer, and by no means an expert, but it looks like the Prime is not playing nicely in the iOS.

BTW, the matrix inversion worked and completed on a subsequent try. The plastic Prime balks at anything over 50x50 and the iOS is much faster. Maybe too fast . . .. Some control might be given to the user in 'Settings' as is the case with other calculator ports?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now available on iTunes: HP Prime Graphing Calculator iOS app - dbbotkin - 12-18-2015 03:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)