HP 35s Discontinued or Marketing trick?
03-11-2016, 03:57 AM
RE: HP 35s Discontinued or Marketing trick?
(03-09-2016 05:03 PM)jebem Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 07:08 AM)cdodds Wrote:  The zero key quit working on my 35s in December.

If I may ask:
- Did the key failed to register with no apparent reason, but still worked mechanically as usual?
- Did you used your 35S heavily for less than a year (to be under warranty)?
- Did you tried to replace the batteries (I know, it doesn't make sense at all, but I have seen other machines starting to work normally after a "full hardware reset".

I have been reading a few issues with failing to register keys on the 35S, even with light usage, despite others here reporting no key issues even under heavy usage.

I confess that I'm not using my two 35S on a daily basis (don't needed it), but I'm curious about the usage cases resulting in such failures.

I bought it in November, used ia little over a month. It got to where the 0 key would only register about 50% of the time. Was in the process off entering Jason Foose's survey programs. Not heavily used at all.

I have two other 35s I use at work and no problems with them, one is very heavily used, it even got painted when it feel out off my shirt pocket one day.

CD Dodds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 35s Discontinued or Marketing trick? - cdodds - 03-11-2016 03:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)