New member intro, great price on the 50g
12-14-2015, 02:29 AM
RE: New member intro, great price on the 50g
(12-14-2015 02:11 AM)N7XW Wrote:  Hello all. I am new here, just registered. I have been an HP calculator fan for many years. I am currently using the 33s, 35s and a 48s that has seen its better days. I have been debating between the new Prime and the more familiar (for me at least) 50g for some time now. I just noticed Amazon has the 50g for $48. I guess they are trying to close them out before the end of the year. I ordered two just to have a backup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GTP...ge_o01_s00

Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the MoHPC Forums. You've come to the right place for lots of information (and opinions) about all HP machines.

If you like the 48 and RPL, you will love the 50g. If, otoh, you are looking for a dramatically more powerful, but also dramatically different platform, the Prime is unmatched in power, graphics, and arguably, CAS capabilities for advanced symbolic math. Prime has a "Pascal-like" programming language, but lacks any kind of RPN/RPL programming. There is an interactive RPN mode for straight math, but it is limited and does not access all the features of the Prime - it's in there as an homage to HP's RPN history, but the Prime is really an algebraic machine, as it's geared towards educational markets.

Thanks for info on great 50g price. That's cheaper than they sell the HP-35S!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New member intro, great price on the 50g - rprosperi - 12-14-2015 02:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)