[HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour?
11-23-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: [HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour?
(11-23-2015 02:20 PM)Marcio Wrote:  Well, I had never paid much attention to the crashes before because I usually use either the 50g or 15c to solve problems, the 50g when it requires more processing power or more memory for large matrix operations. Most recently, I purchased the app so I could run it on my phone and the 15c wouldn't have to leave my desk.

Straight to the point: Last night I was trying to solve this equation below (for V):
\[P = \frac{RT}{V-b}-\frac{a}{V(V+b)\sqrt{T}} \]

While the actual calculator struggled to find the root (which was my fault at first because I had not given it good guesses), the app crashed very shortly after it started the calculation.

I also got it to run the benchmark test as posted here. The app ran for 8 minutes, froze and then crashed.

Checked this problem with go15c in my Android phone. It does not crash, but can report error 0/8 depending on initial guesses. With good guesses it arrives to the right solution. It takes a while (speed x1) or instantaneously (speed max).

The N-Queens bechmark also works, this time up to 128x speed. I see no point in using the HP app when you can use the goxx series of apps. Way better IMHO.

Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP-15C] Android version display weird behaviour? - emece67 - 11-23-2015 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)