Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
11-22-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2015 04:30 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
(11-22-2015 05:37 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  Hi Barry,

thanks for your efforts. My Mac has wish installed (version 8.5.9) and runs the .tcl file directly I just need to find out how to create a shortcut from it.

Marcus:

For the Mac try unzipping the HP-15C_3.4.00_Source.zip file to a location you like, overwrite the HP-15C.tcl with the one from the 3402.zip file above, then create a bash script and make it's permissions executable, and point the Desktop Icon to that script file. The script file has only 3 lines like so:

#!/bin/bash
cd DirectoryWhereYouUnzippedSource
wish HP-15C.tcl

I think this will work on a Mac, but I haven't tried it yet.

The rest of this posting is for Windows 7 (64 bit) users.

You will need the directory structure created by unzipping (extracting) the HP-15C_3.4.00_Source.zip file downloadable from the "Source Release" selection on Torsten's site here.
Then overwrite the HP-15C.tcl in that directory with the one you get by unzipping the 3402.zip file above. The following example shortcut assumes you downloaded the Source zip file into the C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads directory.
If you put it somewhere else, then you need to modify the instructions below accordingly.

Then right click on your open desktop and select "New" then pick "Shortcut"

Type "wish C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads\HP-15C_3.4.00_Source\HP-15C.tcl" into the command box.
For the "Start In" directory choose "C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads\HP-15C_3.4.00_Source".
You may have to provide the full path name of the wish command as well depending
on weather it is installed in a directory listed in the %PATH% environment variable or not.

You can change the shortcut's icon by right clicking on the desktop icon and selecting "Preferences" then choose "Change Icon" and "Browse", and select an icon from the C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads\HP-15C_3.4.00_Source\icons
directory to make your new shortcut icon look more representative of the Simulator.

Hope this helps, Barry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)