HP50g : Symbolic solver oddities or user errors?
11-09-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: HP50g : Symbolic solver oddities or user errors?
It is somewhat dejavu for me, this question of yours. We went rather exhaustively through these discusssions, right here, back in the beginning of the 21st century. Back then the new device for putting emulators to work was the Palm. How things change.

I will note that my professional use of calculators has fallen steadily over the past 15 years. Ironically in the years when I depended on one, I had only one (11c) and now that I really don't need one at all, I have over 20 of them...and they sit in a box most of the time.

The 48G series in the collection still sees use though. Mostly for the mere fact that it is fantastic for number doodling with that long stack. The 15c and 20s get lots of use too. My 27s is my all time favorite. But, lately I've left it idle too much.

Some of this is just how work is going. Only 5 years ago 27S got lots of use. Flying half way around the world repeatedly, doing engineering, the calculators and a pad of paper were great. The laptops would die too fast and it is too cramped.

In the office, the tools at your fingertips on the confuser are just too good now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50g : Symbolic solver oddities or user errors? - Bill Platt - 11-09-2015 12:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)