Anyone ever combo'd 2 Xmems and an Advantage ?
10-27-2015, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 02:51 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: Anyone ever combo'd 2 Xmems and an Advantage ?
(10-27-2015 04:04 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  While I can configure my Clonix modules for dual-Service, HEPAX, and 41CY, I couldn't configure the Advantage ROM and dual X-Mem. Is there a trick?

Dave,

Nope! No trick, just impossible for now.

The special applications section allows the Clonix/NoV modules to hosts special functions.
Each function in that section is mutually exclusive and disable all the other ones.

So, when the "Dual Ext. mem." is chosen, the Clonix-D or the NoV-64 become a double-X-Memory module exclusively.
That is why I made the remark about being cheaper to build a double X-Mem module than using Clonix-D/NoV-64 to do the equivalent.

Clarification ...

Re-reading your comment, I think a clarification is in order.
The current firmware version on Diego's module does not allow X-Memory simulation AND ROM modules.
Altought, to my knownledge it could, for some reasons Diego forbid-it.
If I remember correctly the discussion that I had with Diego at the time, X-Mem is using internal RAM and ROM is using Flash.
My normal setup is a HP-41CX-HN with a Double-X-Memory module and either a Clonix-D or a NoV-64 module.

Sylvain

Edit: add the Clarification section
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone ever combo'd 2 Xmems and an Advantage ? - Sylvain Cote - 10-27-2015 04:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)