WP34s: Gamma function for x very close to zero
10-11-2015, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 07:47 PM by Dieter.)
RE: WP34s: Gamma function for x very close to zero
(10-11-2015 01:32 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  Pauli dis some work on the unified code. It did pay off! We have gained at least one library page (even two in the standard build without xtal or ir). The total savings is some 350 bytes.

Great!

(10-11-2015 01:32 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  Changes like this allow for more GUI enhancements. I love it. Smile

There are other functions that require some updates, for instance the Poisson and Binomial CDF, PDF and Inverses. I have some (experimental) code for the quantile functions that seems to work fine (provided the Gamma functions and the PDFs work correctly), but this will require more memory than the current versions. But it will also return correct fractional results. ;-)

I would also appreciate if the one or other key function could be switched from XROM to C-code, for instance the Normal quantile. In the days of the original HP35 a design goal was to return results for all functions within a second. This goal is not met by the Q–1 function, at least not for x or 1–x < 0,04. Which again is caused by the way the Gamma function is coded... #-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s: Gamma function for x very close to zero - Dieter - 10-11-2015 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)