Difficulty with flashing an HP20b
09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Difficulty with flashing an HP20b
I've been reading this board with interest about converting an HP 20b into a WP 31S for my son and a HP 30b into a WP 34S for myself. I finally obtained an HP 20b and 30b for flashing. I do not have access to an HP cable and I don't have the time or the skill to make a custom connector, so I used a FTDI USB to TTL cable and followed the instructions both here and from this website on my HP 20b:

http://www.thereminworld.com/Forums/T/29...b-to-wp34s

I was able to erase the calculator, however, when I try to flash the firmware with the WP 31S binary, I keep getting "cannot connect to WP34S". I am using the OS X flashing utility from the SourceForge site. I don't have access to windows to try to flash the calculator. I am hesitant to try to flash the 30b into a 34S as I am afraid I will end up with 2 bricked calculators in my possession. Is there any advise one can give to help with flashing these calculators. If not, is there someone out there who would be willing to help me with flashing the calculators (preferably in the US). Thanks for the assistance.

Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Difficulty with flashing an HP20b - jwhsu - 09-29-2015 01:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)