HP 50G - Any way to increase the IR TX/RX range?
09-18-2015, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 03:26 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
RE: HP 50G - Any way to increase the IR TX/RX range?
(09-18-2015 01:23 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  ...
The various devices mentioned do not include the original HP-49 - does this machine act like a 48G or the later machines? I have one, but honestly use only very rarely; I much prefer a 48G or 50g. I was away from the hobby when the 49 was released, so never learned it's details very well.

Well, the HP-49 has some difficulties with IR ... it does not have IR Leds! There is a serial interface only.

There was a hobby project to attach an IR-transceiver to the HP-49's serial port. See the description (Infrared Adapter 1.2 - "Information about an adapter to convert the serial port into an infrared port" by Marcel Flipse) on some other HP38/48/49/... web site.
However this nice idea never materialized into a commercially available product.

Martin

PS: on the chart I mention flag -127 as I read somewhere (where?) that it also affects printing on some calculators. If someone knows more about flag -127 I could update or remove it from the sheet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50G - Any way to increase the IR TX/RX range? - Martin Hepperle - 09-18-2015 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)