Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!!
09-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!!
On Tuesday September 2, I tried to update my Prime to the new software via the connectivity kit. It got about 75% complete and it gave a error code of 104 and then started to give repeated fail messages. Now the Prime turns on, boots to the "x^2+y^2=1 screen, hangs there for a few seconds, and then reboots itself. I have reset it using the pin in the back, used numerous code combinations that I found on the forums for clearing the memory and nothing has worked.

It took me two days to find the HP calculator support (I guess HP is splitting??) anyways the guy tried to assist, but told me to do stuff I have already done. Eventually it then came down to when I had purchased it. Which was through Amazon more than 12 months ago. When I told him that he basically through me to the wolves and said he couldn't help and I would have to buy another one!!!!??!?!?! I was absolutely astonished at this. What about a repair option? I just didn't see it as my fault the update failed and I am now left with a $140 calculator that is worthless. I was never treated this way by TI, even when I spilled a drink on my 89 and had to send it in for a replacement. I was charged 30 dollars and got a new one back within a week. What gives here?

So lesson learn here, be cautious on updating your Prime, because if something goes wrong and it bricks, HP says you SOL.

For those who may need to contact HP for calculator support here is the info:

1-844-503-8856
amr_en_calculator@hpservice.support.hp.com
(and yes that email address is the one i was given)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bricked Prime during update last night HELP!! - neomist - 09-05-2015 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)