newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-20-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(02-18-2017 02:24 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello Claudio, the NEW-RPL demo, without a keyboard guide is not useful especially for a new tester, I suggest adding a guide image of useful keyboard shortcuts.

Thank you

As I said a couple of times before, the demo is only a byproduct of the development process, used to debug the code faster. It serves as a preview for some people to encourage them to flash their calculators with the firmware (have you?) but it is not the intended target of newRPL.
We cannot afford to spend too much time developing the demo with features that won't be useful to the actual firmware, time is very limited.
You seem to dedicate a long time at creating illustrated posts, perhaps you should take a more active approach and help writing documentation.
With the time you spent creating the picture for that post, you could've created a picture with the real shortcuts (many in your image are wrong) or perhaps write a short tutorial describing all the key assignments that we could include in the docs. My suggestion to you is instead of spending so much time posting colorful requests, go ahead and write something useful that will help the project, and other users.
For example, Egan wrote and published many years ago a tutorial page on hpgcc, and it became more popular than hpgcc's own page, it helped a lot of people get started with C on the 50g. If you write something nice and complete, send it to me in plain HTML and I can host it on the official website, so you don't even have to have your own hosting.
Same offer goes for anyone willing to help the newRPL project with examples, tutorials, or plain boring documentation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 02-20-2017 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)