newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-14-2016 05:21 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  The latest firmware is a big improvement!

Here are a few comments:

When the user choose to hide the second menu (ON-VAR long press), the setting goes back to dual menus when:

- The calculator is switch OFF-ON
- A help description of a menu item was viewed (long press on that item)

It would be nice if the "one menu" setting would survive the above events. The idea is that if the user choose to hide the second menu, he must have a good reason to do it (more stack visibility) and right now the setting is reset back to two menus too frenquently.

Good point. It should be more permanent.

(11-14-2016 05:21 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Also I have noticed there is a "back" menu item in the symbolic menu (currently empty beside the back item). It would be nice if a "back" item could be included in all menus/sub-menus. Sometimes the user just want to go back one level. Unless there is back button I don't know about? But even with a back button, a "back" menu item would be nice.

That was just a test, as the symbolic menu was still empty. The Units menu does include an item to go back to the top units menu. I'll have to think about how to implement a "back" menu key. It's an interesting concept, I'd rather have a back key than a back item on every single menu. I know the PREV key has been there since the 48, but wasn't that useful because it was an opposite of NXT, rather than going back to the parent menu.
Should be something like keeping a menu history of the last X menus displayed on each menu, then you can go back the way you came.

(11-14-2016 05:21 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Another small comment:

There is no help text for the ACK command

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-17-2016 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)