newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-20-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(09-20-2016 01:52 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Hi Claudio,

I have some odd "soft menu" behaviour I would like to report. Maybe it is normal I don't know. This is with the latest firmware but it was probably there before, I don't know.

It looks like the system check in the current directory for some information as to what to display in the soft menus upon power up.

Thanks for reporting this!
Settings like flags, number formatting and menus are stored in the hidden directory '.Settings'. A bug was creating this directory inside the current dir instead of root, therefore creating individual "per-directory" settings. What you experienced was that on power-up, it was recalling the menus you had open last time you used that directory.
On second thought, it could be a good thing to have the ability to override flags, number formatting, etc when you enter a directory, but it can be extremely confusing so for now let's just have global settings and call this bug "fixed".
We may revisit this topic in the future as an improvement.

(09-20-2016 01:52 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Another odd behaviour that I am sure everyone knows about: the status area is always blank upon a power ON. It spring to life when a key is pressed but not every keys! Operator keys like + / SIN SQRT will not show the informations in the status window, but number keys and ALPHA letter will.
This was fixed in the latest update, and it works well on my calc, but since some code commits might have been lost, I'll have to double check.

(09-20-2016 01:52 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  As always, thank you for the last update. I have check the complex mode and so far have nothing to report. The SD indicator is also a nice addition.

Good to hear at least results are coming up well. Especially tricky to deal with infinities.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-20-2016 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)