newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
06-19-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(06-18-2016 06:33 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  Huh, disregard, after rereading your explanation I got it. Sometimes somewhat slow.

Smile Günter

You asked a good question, as is not as trivial as it seems. I actually added a new command to newRPL called EVAL1 (it's along press on the EVAL key) to do only 1 step in the evaluation process. EVAL tries to do as much as possible replacing variables, and performing operations/simplifications as long as it keeps the result exact (fully equivalent to the expression being evaluated). EVAL1 will instead do a single step, in this case it would replace the variables, without trying to simplify the fraction or do the power.

So there's 3 different evaluations of a symbolic:
EVAL1: Does a single step
EVAL: Does all steps possible keeping the exact expressions exact, while approx. numbers in the expression are computed.
->NUM: Does all steps possible, and doesn't care if they are not exact, uses numeric approximations always.

It's roughly the same as the 50g, but not quite as EVAL will work like ->NUM if you have approximate mode enabled (there's no such mode in newRPL). I think this caused your confusion, as you expected EVAL to be the same as ->NUM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 06-19-2016 02:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)