HP48S/G Manufacturing / Variant History - Comments?
01-19-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 06:18 PM by megarat.)
RE: HP48S/G Manufacturing / Variant History - Comments?
(01-19-2014 02:21 AM)TomC Wrote:  I believe the purpose of the list is to delineate changes in OS versions and Manufacturing location and the date of these transition.

Exactly. Ostensibly, the orignial intention of the table was simply to satisfy my curiosity about when the different firmware versions were released into the wild, but it had the additional (and perhaps primary) purpose of giving one the ability to infer which firmware version a calculator has when you only have access to the serial number. I.e., when buying a calculator on eBay, and the seller is too lazy to follow the procedure to determine the firmware version (which I encountered all too often, and was the original inspiration me to solicit data for the table).

TomC brings up the points about keys and display for the same reason. (a) It might be interesting to track exactly when these developments were available, and (b) given only an SN, one might be able to infer which of these features a calculator has.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP48S/G Manufacturing / Variant History - Comments? - megarat - 01-19-2014 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)