I just bought another HP 50g
01-29-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: I just bought another HP 50g
(01-25-2014 03:25 AM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  I received it 3 days ago and based on the S/N it was manufactured about 1-1/2 years ago in July 2012.

I ordered a second HP 50G through Amazon several months ago, after the price dropped to give-away levels of about $75 US. It's serial number date is CN249...so it's of late 2012 vintage.

Quote:The ROM firmware is the latest revision 2.15, so I won't have to re-flash it.

That's good to know, and somewhat unexpected too. I haven't checked my new HP 50G because it's staying in the original sealed bubble package until it's needed. My 2007 HP 50G is still working fine (firmware rev. 2.15), except that two of the apparently unobtainable rubber feet have disappeared.

Quote:I enabled the Development library, which by default is disabled to prevent newbies from accidentally bricking it.

That library is very impressive in its capabilities. I can't imaging TI or other competitors providing anything similar for their machines...and they do not. It's somewhat akin to the old MS-DOS DEBUG command, except much much more powerful. DEBUG was a tool that no one could ever imagine APPLE Corporation providing to their obedient and worshipful customers.

Quote:The paperback book User's Manual has been replaced with a much briefer Quick Start Guide. On the plus side, the CD now contains the Advanced User's Reference manual and User's Guide, along with a bunch of training modules and all the programming examples for incorporation in the calculator as directories. It also included the USB cable.

Is the User's Guide is still Edition 1, and is the AUR still Edition 2?

AFAIK, there just has never been a better calculator value than today's HP 50G...not even those new TI-89 Titanium packages that my local Walmart was selling a couple of years ago for $42 to clear them out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just bought another HP 50g - Mike Morrow - 01-29-2014 09:49 PM
RE: I just bought another HP 50g - Jeff O. - 01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
RE: I just bought another HP 50g - Jeff O. - 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: I just bought another HP 50g - eried - 01-25-2014, 03:35 AM
RE: I just bought another HP 50g - chriss - 01-26-2014, 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)