Surveying and 400 degree circles.
08-11-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Surveying and 400 degree circles.
(08-06-2015 07:57 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is not supported at the moment.

However, I am curious where you are that it is "very common in surverying". When I did quite a bit of reasearch on this ~8 years ago I did not find a single land surveyor that used gradians anywhere in europe...

The only use I could find was old, historical documents - nothing new.

Thanks for your time Tim. I am a Spanish Industrial Engineer

I'm certainly not an expert in topography, and could not say what the current situation. But in the late 80s, early 90s when in college, I can say that the unit of measure we used in the subject of surveying were grads, among other things ease of use, and because most of the equipment measuring had indications only grads.

It is also true that those devices were very old but once in the working world, for our daily work acquired a total station Topcon brand whose indications were also grads and I mean an actual total station with digital display.

In my opinion (only my opinion), the current situation is that modern devices capture measurement data and have the ability to transform them into files able to communicate with CAD software and this way is unusual having to convert the captured data in a cloud of points represented in a coordinate system. But when it is necessary to have captured data written on paper to operate them manually or convert the point cloud it is when we need to have grads in the HP Prime.

I really do not know which is the measuring system of modern equipment, but as toperos confirms, seems has not changed in recent years.

Sorry with my English...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surveying and 400 degree circles. - tecnovelez - 08-11-2015 04:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)