[go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
08-06-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor?
(08-06-2015 12:23 AM)lcwright1964 Wrote:  I am wondering if there is any way to "compile" text listings of keystrokes to listings in the appropriate format for the *.pck files used by Olivier de Smet's Android (and Windows) emulators of the HP67 and HP97.

I am interested even in a key that translates program steps to and from what looks to be the hexadecimal listings in the *.pck file.

Hi Les,

Some time ago, I played around with trying to create an translator that would take a text file and then convert it to a PCK file. I also thought about creating a reverse translation.

Unfortunately, I can't find my work I did on it. I may have lost it when my computer failed and I bought a new machine. I think I played around with PCK files for the GO65. I found one email where I discussed this with Olivier.

I had asked him:

Quote:I have a question about the format you're using for the Card Packs. I see from you notes that it's 103 words, 6 bits octal. But I'm having trouble relating the text file data to the actual key codes. Is there a translation going on?

And he replied:

Quote:All you need is a copy of PPC journal volume 2 number 1

There is a table of the Octal codes for the HP-65 at the top of Page 11.

I never found a table of codes for the HP-67. I seem to remember that I created a HP-67 program that used all the key strokes, wrote the program to a PCK file, and then looked at the PCK file in an attempt to create the code table.

Like I said, I seem to have lost all the work I did on this. I didn't even get close to a finished program.

Not sure if any of this is a help. Maybe I'll take another look at it if I get some free time.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [go67/97 for Android] Creating .pck files in a text editor? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 08-06-2015 01:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)