Genesis 41 Emulator by Laurent Spohr
06-26-2021, 08:05 PM
RE: Genesis 41 Emulator by Laurent Spohr
(06-24-2021 02:53 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(06-24-2021 02:16 PM)Neve Wrote:  1- The programs do not go into RAM apparently (PRMG still shows 219)

No, there are located in an Application ROM, you can copy them back into main RAM with the COPY function.
Look in HP-41C Owner's Handbook and Programming Guide, pages 260 and 261, COPY function description.

(06-24-2021 02:16 PM)Neve Wrote:  2- Maybe it’s my computer, but I canuse en to be able to map any of the modifier key on my keyboard (SHIFT, CTRL, Etc…)

I am not following you, could you please rephrase.

(06-24-2021 02:16 PM)Neve Wrote:  3- Where can I find a program that extracts .MOD files to .ROM files? I’ve looked everywhere. And the manual is not clickable.

Download and install Joachim Siebold's LIF utilities.
It contains lots of command line binaries that can convert multiple file formats. (see the online manual HERE)

Download and install Meindert Kuipers's MLDL2000 Windows program.
This is a very easy to use program that is able to create, read, extract and update MOD file.

If you can get a copy of Windows, VMware Fusion Player is now free for home use.
You will have to create an account to get your free license though.

I would suggest that you read the reference section of my Diego Díaz Clonix & NoV Module, HPCC 2020 Presentation.
It covers HP-41 RAM, ROM, file types and other stuff as well.

(06-24-2021 02:16 PM)Neve Wrote:  4- I can seem to be able to transfer the “Byte Grabber”, that I have on a card, to Genesis using the above method.

I am not sure I follow you here, the phrase say "you can" but the way I read it suggest that "you cannot", could you please rephrase.

Sylvain

Will look at the manual. It’s been quite a while since I’ve read it….

I have Parallels Desktop, so I’m good.
I’m gonna have to learn these new programs.
But so far MODfile has been good.

As always, THANK YOU ALL!

Regards

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genesis 41 Emulator by Laurent Spohr - Neve - 06-26-2021 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)