Interloop catalogue - does it exist?
07-30-2015, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 07:10 AM by Martin Hepperle.)
Interloop catalogue - does it exist?
While I was looking for more information about HP-IL peripherals I stumbled several times over the name "Interloop". This company offered some HP-IL devices/adapters and obviously announced many accessories - but I feel that some of these were vaporware.

For example I read in the Palmtop Paper about a "HP 95LX - HP-IL adapter"
This adapter adds an HP-IL interface to your 95LX, without giving up your RAM card slot or your serial port. The HP-IL interface occupies the memory card slot, adding the HP-IL interface and another RAM card slot (i.e. you don't loose your card slot). It allows you to use HP-IL printers, disk drives, plotters, modems, and video displays.
Availability........ Dec 15, 92
Pricing........ $275

Or, in the Atari Portfolie Forum (of February 08, 1991):
I received detailed information about the Portfolio HPIL adapter from Interloop that I mentioned last week. HPIL, or Hewlett-Packard Interface Loop, is a computer communication system that includes the protocol for transferring information between devices. Most of the other HPIL devices seem to be motor controllers, analog-to-digital converters, and other lab equipment, but printers, modems, and other general-use hardware can use HPIL. The Interloop Model #170 Portfolio to HPIL Interface Adapter lists for $275 (one or two units) and includes a device driver for interfacing with user software such as Quick BASIC and Turbo Pascal. If you need some sort of small, relatively inexpensive, programmable computer controller for lab equipment, the Model #170 with a Portfolio and other HPIL gear may be the way to go. For more info, contact Interloop at (408) 922-0520.

It is not clear whether this interface existed and if so whether this was just a serial<->HP-IL converter or a plug-in module. Some Atari web site mention this interface but do not show a picture or give more details.

As I learned from Jake Schwartz's video collection list Lew Thomas was obviously speaking on a 1993 meeting of the Philadelphia Area HP Handheld Club about an "IL95" interface (providing HPIL interface capability for the HP95LX) which supposedly equals the former interloop product.

Their address was: Interloop, Inc., 706 Charcot Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131.

So I would like to know whether there is a catalogue with pictures of the available hardware or is there a web site which shows their products?
Is someone operating Interloop devices today in his HP-IL setup?

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Interloop catalogue - does it exist? - Martin Hepperle - 07-30-2015 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)