HP50g serial communication with 3rd party device
07-26-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: HP50g serial communication with 3rd party device
@snrowe: THANKS

OK, I will try these suggestions. Where can I find exactly wat the three different "Xlat" (I presume ASCII translation codes) does/imply?

The device is a nad T748 avr amplifier receiver.

I will try the Hyperterminal and see how that work, however at the moment I only have my work laptop (on which I cannot install anything) that does not have a serial port, so I will get a USB - Serial converter before I can do that.

Our brilliant goverment believes it does not ned to heed to advice, and consequently we now do not have enough power for the country. When the grid is overloaded, they impose "loadshedding", disconnecting areas off the grid on a predetermined roster. But when they switch it on again, the supply voltage is all over the show and it blew up my motherboard and power supply from my personal computer. Need to fix come next payday.

Some interesting observations:

Switching the device on and trying bufleng gives 0 and 1. Same happens when I try to clear the buffer as indicated in previous post.

After sending a command, it does find something in the buffer. So something did come back. However, the avr did not execute the command that was sent to it.

What would have been the result if the pins on the serial cord was the wrong way round?

Regards and thanks a lot!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50g serial communication with 3rd party device - Marakasmalan - 07-26-2015 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)