What Was Your First Programming Language?
12-18-2017, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2017 03:44 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language?
(12-18-2017 12:16 PM)EugeneNine Wrote:  it still comes on some Linux distros by default, along with vi and others

It has been on every Macintosh since Apple released Mac OS X in 2001. Together with vi and vim and awk and yacc and everything else :-)

I still use vi some times to edit simple text files ("vim" is for sissies ;-) ). And the "native" C compiler in the Macintosh Terminal for small programs. Mostly not to completely lose old skills. Other times I use the Arduino C/C++ editor and compiler, run the program on an attached arduino board and watch the results in the "serial monitor" window on my Mac. Or on a little display attached to the Arduino. Recently I simulated a small three-body-problem for an amateur astronomer buddy that way. Of course one could also use Matlab (or the free version Scilab) to do that but that would be too easy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language? - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-18-2017 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)