What Was Your First Programming Language?
12-09-2017, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 08:26 PM by toml_12953.)
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language?
(12-03-2017 04:39 PM)DGM Wrote:  Oh, I'd have to say my first programming "language" was either the Digi-Comp I or the CARDIAC. I can't remember which one I used first...
Then, FORTRAN IV in high-school, on an IBM 1620 which was one of only two with two hard drives.
For calculators, an HP-25 some years later, when I could afford it.

David Motto

Well, if you're going to include those... Smile I also had a 3-bit (not K or even BYTE!) Digi-Comp I (still do!) and a Digi-Comp II. I also had this cute little "computer" that had miniature punched cards. You put a card on a tray and pushed the tray into the machine. Lights flashed and the answer (A, B, C or D) to the multiple-choice question printed on the card and the came up on a very cool-looking light display after much flashing of random lights. I figured out how to make cards with my own data on them and amazed friends and family that the machine "knew" all sorts of personal information about them! "What's Bobby's favorite hobby?" A - Skiing B - Reading C - Cooking D - Swimming When the answer came up D, Bobby got a little nervous that the machine knew him so well.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language? - toml_12953 - 12-09-2017 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)