Full list of available commands
06-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Full list of available commands
I think that a full list of commands is absolutely necessary to have for the Prime, at least the help on the calc should provide one.
Today I started to write a little CAS program to visualize the approximation of the Fourier Series to a function and had a longer lasting stop at MAKELIST (no, I do not always have access to the Internet to search this forum) which ended in writing my own as even EXPR("MAKELIST(k,k,1,n)") lead to a syntax error in the program( and worked fine in CAS ). Then my fourier_s(...) worked. In the evening I found the appropriate thread here, tried makelist(id,1,n) and, as expected, it worked. Nearly the same happend when I wrote Anitaylor to show animated Taylor-polynomials and on a lot of other occasions, I usually end up searching why a command does not work (in the used environment)
It is not that I do not like to tinker around (otherwise I would have bought a TI or a Casio), but in my, perhaps humble, opinion it is necessary to know about the material to do that with. I think, I do not expect too much, a list of additionally provided xcas commands would do the job (even if not included to the help-file) but I do not like the idea of looking into a list of NOT provided commands like in this thread http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-856...s+commands and then compare it to the list of commands available in xcas to find out if the necessary command is on the Prime and can be used.
Concluding, directly addressed to HP (not to Tim Wessman, you are really helpful), I had begun to advertise using this calculator in my helping school, but with this poor support which mainly comes from this Forum I am not really willing to continue that, I even find me more and more often using my old HP49G+ with a defective ON key. I like the Prime's Hardware, but I have started hating ist software and this is mainly caused by the somewhat crappy documentation.
Arno
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Full list of available commands - Arno K - 06-10-2015 10:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)