41C data collection memory
01-26-2014, 04:51 AM
RE: 41C data collection memory
(01-25-2014 11:05 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  After I got my HP-71, I wrote programs for it to do some of the time stuff that was already included onboard on the 41cx. (The 41cx has the time module built in, so it does not take up a port space.) It was a bit of a disappointment that the 71 didn't have as much there, but nice of course that it could still be done with user-supplied programs.

If you ever get a hankering to play with the '71 again, you can add all of the 41CX alarm functionality to the '71B by installing the ALARMLX lexfile by Mastny J. Michael. Here's an excerpt from its documentation (which I wrote, because he never wrote any documentation for it):

“ALARMLX gives to the HP-71 the same power that the HP-41CX enjoys: the ability to set multiple alarms for any time and date, message or control alarms, interrupting or non-interrupting, and one-shot or repeating alarms. One new feature which the HP-41CX does not have: you can specify how many times a repeating alarm is to activate before clearing itself. ALARMLX also contains equivalents of the HP-41CX's ALMCAT (alarm catalog), and CLRALMS (clear all alarms). New to ALARMLX, however, is the ability to clear just the one alarm at a given time and date.”

You can download ALARMLX and its documentation from here:
http://holyjoe.net/HP71/lexlist.htm
It's the very first lexfile on that page.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41C data collection memory - cruff - 12-12-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: 41C data collection memory - Joe Horn - 01-26-2014 04:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)